The World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting on 21-24 January 2020 in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, will mark the international institution’s 50th anniversary. The meeting will bring together 3,000 participants from around the world, and according to the organisers, focus on “stakeholder capitalism”, assist governments and international institutions in tracking progress toward the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals, and facilitate discussions on technology and trade governance.
For 2020, the WEF meeting’s theme will be Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World. It will focus on six key areas:
- Ecology: How to mobilise business to respond to the risks of climate change and ensure that measures to protect biodiversity reach forest floors and ocean beds.
- Economy:How to remove the long-term debt burden and keep the economy working at a pace that allows for higher inclusion.
- Technology: How to create a global consensus on deployment of Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies and avoid a ‘technology war’.
- Society:How to reskill and upskill a billion people in the next decade.
- Geopolitics: How the ‘spirit of Davos’ can create bridges to resolve conflicts in global hotspots. Informal meetings to kickstart conciliation.
- Industry: How to help business create the models necessary to drive enterprise in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. How to navigate an enterprise in a world exposed to political tensions and driven by exponential technological change as well as increasing expectations from all stakeholders.
With so much anticipation surrounding the 2020 Meeting, ExecuJet, part of the Luxaviation Group and the premier handling agent of choice for business aircraft at the annual forum is gearing up for another successful WEF at our ExecuJet Zurich FBO with hangar additions and increased apron parking.
Expanded Facilities, Increased Event Staff
Our new hangar at Zurich Airport is available exclusively under ExecuJet operations and is double the size of our existing facility at 5,000sqm – large enough to house multiple ultra-long-range aircraft, including A330s and Boeing Business Jets. The hangar, first constructed in 1948, is named ‘Bogenhanger’ – ‘bow’ hangar – after its arched roof, now a protected aspect of the building. It was used from 1949 by Swissair. The expansion also includes 10,000sqm of apron space increasing our apron parking by 15 spaces. This addition complements our 4,000sqm of private ramp parking.
In addition to aircraft facilities, we have also ensured our service excellence and passenger experience remains flawless as we anticipate an increase in the amount of traffic for the upcoming forum. To ensure we are equipped for the expected bookings, supplementary staff from our Berlin and Munich FBOs will join our operations in Zurich during the event offering additional support.
New Aircraft Available for Charter
This year, we have also increased the number of aircraft available for charter, giving our global clients even more options when seeking the right jet for travel to Davos. They include:
- Bombardier Global Express: boasts capacity for up to 14 passengers and is recently refurbished to an ultra-luxury specification. With a range of 6,200nm, the aircraft can fly non-stop from London to Singapore.
- The Global 7500: Bombardier’s flagship ultra-long-range business jet, is the first of its type to join Luxaviation’s fleet and one of only a handful under operation globally. The jet, which will be operated privately and based in Germany, can accommodate up to 19 passengers and has a maximum range of 7,700nm, with a top speed of Mach 0.925.
- The Falcon 8X: based in Malaysia, has a 6,450nm range and links important city pairs nonstop; including Hong Kong-Paris, London-Cape Town and Los Angeles-Beijing.
- Bombardier Global 6000: based at London Luton Airport, the aircraft is only a year old and comes complete with a refined interior and high-speed Ka-band Wi-Fi. It has the widest cabin in its class and is one of the fastest business jets in the marketplace.
Let ExecuJet Take Care of the Details
Our award-winning Zurich FBO has been providing best-in-class customer service by a friendly, professional team for more than 16 years. We provide every reasonable service our customers request to make their visit to our facility as convenient and comfortable as possible. Customers can enjoy ease of access to our FBO facility with parking and passenger drop off right at our front door with minimal time between disembarking and onward transport.
We’re a full service FBO, which means we don’t outsource to third parties, providing full aircraft and passenger handling onsite. In addition to a multifunctional and state-of-the-art passenger lounge, separate crew lounge, conference rooms and meeting rooms designed for convenience, comfort and effectiveness, we can also provide you limousine service to and from the Meeting as well as coordinate hotel and restaurant bookings.
Our IS-BAH Stage 2 Accreditation (since 2017) shows the quality of our support services and our commitment to using the most comprehensive safety assessments available. With the efficiency of a Swiss watch and first-class service, why would you choose anyone else to safely transfer you to the WEF while handling all your aircraft needs? Hangar space during the event is in high demand; to book your parking now, email Zurich FBO: firstname.lastname@example.org.